Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fiesta!!

As you may or may not know, the 24 of July is kind of a big deal around here. Spanish Fork likes to make it an especially big deal by holding their annual Fiesta Days Celebration over that weekend. Our family loves riding rides at the carnival, going to the parade and the rodeo and watching the fireworks. The best part is its all just a mile or two from our house. It takes us a week or so to catch up on our sleep but its well worth it...


One thing I love about Mason is he is always happy doing his own thing. When we tell the kids they can pick three rides to go on Hallie and Jake work together to figure out which rides they want to go on together (which is also pretty cute). Mason picks is own and is totally ok doing them by himself. Here he is on the swings:
And here's Hals & Jake on the Sizzler
Isabel didn't get to come to the rodeo with us (she slept over at a friends house) but she wanted to get her cowgirl on anyway. Here are the rest of us at the rodeo. The kids loved the kettle corn and snow cones just as much as the broncos and bulls. Jake's favorite part was the mutton bustin' and he has already requested that I try and sign him up for next year.

Alisha & her family and Trisha came down to watch the parade with us. It was the debut of my awesomely huge umbrella. (Costco!!)
The best part of the parade was Hallie!! Her dance group performed and did a fantastic job.


3 comments:

Aly said...

Sweet! I want to live in a cute town that does something like that. I am jealous. And Wahhooo, Hallie! Great job. I have some friends from here who went home to Spanish Fork this summer an dplanned it so they could go specifically for Fiesta Days. Fun fun!

Larry and Janice said...

Those kids look just ripe for a visit to Texas - they've got all the right gear!!! I just kissed them goodnight last night - and I miss them already!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

That is awesome! I miss stuff like that. And your kids are pretty darn cute about being together, too. I especially like that pic of Izzy in the cowgirl hat.