Friday, March 4, 2011

Hallie: piano recital, etc.

Hallie had her 2nd ever piano recital in December. She's really enjoyed playing over this past year and it has been fun to see her progress. Here is a pic of her with her teacher:

And here is Isabel being like big sis:


This past week Hallie won her class spelling bee and got to go up against the other class winners in front of the whole 3rd Grade! She didn't win but she made it far and even got her picture in the paper. I was really proud of how cool she was under all that pressure, I'm pretty sure I was more nervous than she was. Kyle made her a spelling bee pancake that morning for breakfast and I think it really helped :)

I was going to post a short video of her playing the piano and up on stage spelling but the videos take FOREVER to download! I'm not that patient!! If I find an easier way I'll put them up.

1 comment:

Larry and Janice said...

Hallie - way to go on both your piano and your spelling bee! I'm sure the special pancakes help but definitely you've got the talent even without the magic pancakes!