By the time we got into Venice and to our apartment it was almost 11 and we were starving. We wandered around the corner from our apartment and found a little cafe right on a canal. We were the only people there and I had some of the best lasagna of my whole life....and I love lasagna. It was a great welcome to Italia and one of my favorite meals this whole trip.

The best gellato in Venice...according to Rick Steves...it was quite good. I ordered chocolate mousse, it was pretty intense. You'll notice we are holding gellato in most of our Italy pics. When in Rome...

St. Marks Square

Rialto Bridge (and my head unfortunately)

A romantic gondola ride

And the outer door to our apartment. All of our apartments so far have been in great locations and have had a lot of local personality and style. It's definitely a gamble and we have had some very interesting bathrooms and beds but I would recommend going this route over a hotel any day, we've loved it.

All in all I absolutely loved Venice. It was a very laid back couple of days and the overall ambiance and history in that city was amazing!
3 comments:
I love your head in the picture. I think it just adds to the beauty that is Venice! And I will have to ask you guys about the apartments instead of hotels when you get back. FUn idea! I am sure you get so much more local flair that way.
Is Venezia.Giuseppe'mom was born and raised in that awesome city...at that time there wasn't so many tourists over there.But I really loved Venezia at night.
Another time you have to go in Perugia.
Post a Comment