Monday, August 24, 2009

Isabel Kate Woodruff

She's finally here! After only a short morning in the hospital, our chubby little addition to the Woodruff family came about 12:15 pm in the afternoon yesterday (August 23rd). Yep, she is a week early, but it's a good thing because she weighed in at a hefty 8 lb 14 oz and measured 21 inches long! Outweighing the competition (Hallie, Jake, and Mason) by no less than a pound and half. Both Jamie and baby Isabel are doing great.

Her rolls and apparent light reddish hair kind of threw us for a loop and we weren't able to decide on a name until this morning. In fact, I'm picking up the kids right now to take them back to the hospital for the morning and they don't know here name yet...they wanted to wait until we were back at the hospital. They are all so excited to have a new baby sister, especially our "second mommy" , Hallie, who just doesn't ever want to let her go.

I'll post more pictures later, but here are a few so you all can see.






























9 comments:

Aly said...

Yea!! I am so glad you picked a name. It looks like it fits her well and it is really pretty. Good job. Can't wait to meet her in person! She looks nothing like Hallie did, huh?!

Angie said...

love the name! congratulations, she is adorable.

Larry and Janice said...

We love her already and can't wait to hold her! What a lucky little girl to have such a wonderful sister and brothers, too! ADOREABLE!

Mandy said...

Congratulations! She is an absolute cutie. How fun for Hallie to have a baby sister. I'm so glad things went well...can't wait to see her. Congrats Again!

Kim said...

Congratulations to you all! Yes, love the name!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I was thinking she was your biggest one, where were you hiding her!? I bet Hallie is so happy to finally have a little sister, she is going to be the best big sister to her:)

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! I absolutely LOVE her name!! :)

Congratulations!!!!

The pictures are precious. The kids all look so proud holding her. Let us know how it is with 4 kids....and Kyle, maybe you can talk Jamie (my Jamie) wanting another one! Haha!!

Hope we can see you guys soon. It has been TOO long!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Heather and I love the name, guys. Well done! For me, the most unusual thing about this child is not all the rolls or the red hair, it's the almost complete lack of body hair (from the pictures it seems that way, anyhow). What happened to the uni-brow connected on the sides and above to the hairline with a mane of fur running down the back? : )

Marchant Family said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations Jamie and Kyle : ) Isabel is Emma's middle name. We love it!