Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Catch up...

I can't ever seem to bring myself to blog about recent events (like our trip to Mexico!!) without spewing out all major events that have happened between my last post and now. So here is a whirlwind tour of the past couple of months....starting with some random stuff. It might take me a couple of tries but I'll get caught up. If it's too much to handle all in one sitting feel free to skim :)

Our first major happening is that I got Kyle to come to the ballet with me last month! I've had season tix to Ballet West with my mom and sisters for years but when I saw that they were doing Carmina Burana again I got Kyle a ticket. He was a really good sport about it....he put up with going with all the girls, he felt bad once he got there and realized he had forgotten to wear his blazer and ascot (or at least a scarf!) and actually ended up loving it. Or maybe I just loved it so much he didn't have the heart to tell me that he didn't like it. The first act was a Balanchine ballet which Kyle promptly slept through. The second act was Carmina Burana. He is pretty familiar with the music because the intro song (O Fortuna) is one of our kids most requested car songs--they call it "the loud song". No, they're not ridiculously cultured, they just like loud music. It was amazing--they had a full orchestra and choir, the dancing was beautiful and the soprano soloist was incredible. Of course he loved it! (right kyle?)


My second random thought is about silly bandz. My kids love these! It is the craziest thing. I saw this pic and decided to post it because this is the way all three of my older kids wrists look all the time. Izzie hasn't quite gotten into the craze yet but just give her time, she tries to copy everything else her older sibs do :)

1 comment:

Larry and Janice said...

See, Kyle - your evening of culture actually turned out great, right? Good job, Jamie!